Any request???....Comment and let me know what you think my next hit should be :)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 1-2:

Week 1 for me actually started last week. I knew I was going to be doing this project so I thought I would get a head start on it. I picked up the guitar on Jan 23th 2011 and that's where it all begins... One of my friends Tommy plays so he was teaching me some chords. I knew the basic chords A, C, D, E, G but wasn't anywhere near mastering them. So we were all hanging out at a BBQ outside of Dehornle (doesn't that sound like a typical guitar playing setting) and Tommy taught me the first verse of Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. Yeah. I love that song but I totally killed it. It was horrible; but I thought, "It's my first day, isn't everyone bad at first?" So throughout the week I continued to try. I printed out some chord music to play instead of playing Halleljuah 4 billion times.

I really like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry so I printed my favorites from them. Taylor Swift's music is good to start off with because it's simple chords and the songs are fun. But the trouble with Taylor's songs is that you need a Capo, so I went shopping. I went to Marathon Music Center in Boynton Beach, Fl and had a free for all. I got a Capo, a guitar case, guitar strap, guitar stand, and some picks. So now with all my new toys I decided to take them out to play. My school is about 5 miles away from the Spanish River beach so I woke up this morning and played. It was just the sand, the water, a couple of segals, and me and my guitar. It was beautiful; I think I'm going to make this an everyday thing. It was an amazing feeling to be out there in the open just banging away on the guitar singing my favorite music. I think I've made some progress already in just the 9 days I've been playing. I'll keep you updated on my "Road to Success"....wait for it, there will be a video up soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a great start! Keep it going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see the video!! :) You should DEFINITELY learn a Taylor Swift song.

    ReplyDelete